CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

8 month milestones!

Wren had her 8 month "birthday" on Friday, April 13! She is growing so fast, and time is flying by! I really can't believe it has already been 8 months since she was born. Apparently this is a big birthday (at least for Wren.) She had two big milestones within days. On Thursday, April 12, she crawled for the first time! She had been preparing for this for quite some time. She practiced what I called the inchworm for a few weeks, where she would get up on all fours and then flatten to her belly, then back to all fours. This was a very slow method of moving, but she did inch forward. Then on Thursday, she figured out how to move those knees. By an amazing stroke of luck, I caught those first movements on video! This is one reason I am so grateful to be able to work from home and have Wren home with me during this first year of her life!

Wren has also been teething for quite some time. I knew those teeth were ready to come soon, but had no idea when they would arrive. Tuesday, April 17, we went to dinner at Bill's brother's house (Doug and Megan). I had just finished telling Bill's dad that we hadn't seen any signs of teeth yet when Wren looked up at me and grinned really big. There I saw a flash of white. I stuck my finger in her mouth (this is not recommended with a teething infant) and there were, not one, but two teeth on the bottom poking through. I swear they were not there earlier that evening. That night was pretty rough, with several screaming wake-ups, but the days since then have been much better.

No comments: