CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Less than 6 weeks now...

Time is really flying now! On Wednesday we hit the 6 week mark (34 weeks pregnant) and things are really starting to feel real. I think it is slowly dawning on Bill and me that we are actually going to have a baby to take care of really soon!

We had a third shower on April 18, given to us by all of our dear friends from JL Mann. Unfortunately, the camera that I brought to take pictures had dead batteries. Mom took lots of pictures, but I haven't had a chance to get them from her yet so I can post some. I will get back to you with that. We got some really great gifts, including a ton of gift cards to various places: Babies R Us, Baby Gap, Target, and Barnes and Noble (If I am leaving any out, I am sorry!) We also got some cute clothes, diapers, baskets to help organize the nursery, an awesome diaper bag monogrammed with an S, and some great childrens' books. It truly was one of the best parties I have been to with so many friends present! We have our final shower on Sunday, hosted by Susan Smith and the Cafe crowd. It will be a combination "Welcome baby Smidwell" and "Happy Graduation Sarah" party, and I cannot wait. Bill is cooking his famous spaghetti, and I know a fun time will be had by all!

Amid all the festivities, I did have a little scare last week. On Wednesday, the Braxton Hicks contractions that I have been having for 10 weeks or so started getting worse. I finally started writing down times, and I ended up having 6 in one hour and 7 in the next hour, despite sitting down, putting my feet up and drinking lots of water. I called the doctor and went in for an exam. They said my cervix was still tight, which is the most important thing. The contractions had slowed down a bit by the time the doctor examined me, and he said it could have been caused by dehydration and being tired. I am supposed to continue monitoring any contractions that I have, drink water until I float away, and stay off my feet as much as possible. Things have been more "normal" since then. I went back to the doctor Monday, and everything checked out fine. When I go back May 13, I will be going once a week until the baby arrives! We are getting so excited!

1 comment:

LDC said...

That must have been scary for you... take care of yourself and do what they drs say :-). That beloved baby will be here in no time at all.

As you well know, some come early, some come on time and others arrive late. Mine both arrived 'early': one at 36wks on the dot and the other at 38wks 5 days.

Enjoy these last few weeks of feeling the baby inside you as soon he/she will be in your arms.