CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Two Doctors' Visits in One Week

Our monthly visit to the doctor was last Monday. Everything checked out great - my blood pressure is low; no protein in the urine; the doctor said my uterus is measuring where it should be, with the top at my belly button; and the baby's heart rate was 140. When the doctor told me the top of the uterus was at my belly button, I wondered what all the stuff is making my belly pop out above the belly button!
So, after my wonderful check up on Monday, I started feeling some strange things on Tuesday night. At first, it felt like the baby was pressing its head really hard against the bottom of my belly. Then, the more I felt it, I realized it was a little too big to be the head at this point. So, by Wednesday I started thinking, "Is this what a contraction feels like? Maybe it is Braxton Hicks?!?" On Thursday, I decided to ask some of my friends at school who were pregnant recently if they had Braxton Hicks and what they felt like. They convinced me I should call the doctor, so I did. At this point, I was pretty calm about the whole thing, but when I talked to the nurse, she said I needed to come in right away. So, of course, I started panicking and imagining all sorts of awful things. But, when I got there, Dr. Demosthenes checked me out and said everything is fine. She confirmed that they were Braxton Hicks contractions and nothing to worry about unless they start hurting or coming regularly. So, the panic subsided! I had a few more on Friday, but haven't felt any in a few days. I have been feeling the baby more and more, though. He or she is moving around like crazy now!

2 comments:

Pound said...

glad things are ok! have you seen the ripple in your skin yet from the baby moving? it's freaky!

Meredith S said...

I haven't seen a "ripple" but I can see the stomach moving up and down during some of the big kicks! I am waiting to see that arm or foot roll across the belly... I am sure it is coming!